One of the rather difficult yoga poses that requires good balance is Natarajasana or the pose of King Nataraja. This asana is often called the pose of the king of the dance, because "nata" is translated as a dancer. The position has grace and grace inherent in dances, but also a certain preparation for it is necessary. The pose of Natarajasan in the photo may seem easier than it actually is.
Benefits and Description of Asanas
Knowing how to do Nataradzasana correctly, one can achieve a comprehensive positive effect both for the physical state of the body and for the psychological.
King Nataraja's posture helps develop a sense of balance. With its regular correct performance, correct posture is formed and the vestibular apparatus is strengthened. Also, the muscles of the legs become stronger, the chest opens. The asana with the spine works well, since each vertebra is involved in maintaining the correct position, the shoulder blades become more mobile. A tonic effect is exerted by the position on the abdominal organs.
Do not get carried away with performing a pose with some disturbances in the body. First of all, people with impaired blood pressure should abandon the asana. Moreover, both hypertension and hypotension are sufficient grounds for refusing to perform Natarajasana.
Injuries and lesions of some components of the musculoskeletal system also require refusal to perform the asana. You can not do it in those who have injuries or pathologies of the lower spine, hip and knee joints.
You need to enter the asana correctly. The starting position is Tadasana, the legs should be pressed to the floor. When entering the asana and performing it, you need to focus on maintaining balance. If at the entrance it will be felt that the balance is being lost, it is better to stop, fix the position and smoothly proceed with further actions only after the balance is restored.
Natarajasana is performed like this:
hand you need to take the foot on the same side (left hand - left foot),
the arm is pulled outward, turning the elbow upward,
pull the foot up
the hand holds the leg
the hip stretches back and up behind the knee,
the pelvis and body are turned forward,
pull the crown upward, stretching the spine,
the free hand stretches forward and is parallel to the floor, make a ring from the index finger and thumb (mudra of knowledge),
you need to try to reach up with the kneecap of the leg on which you stand,
then perform on the other leg (the right hand holds the right leg).
A more complex embodiment is also possible for advanced ones. In it, you need to use both hands to pull the bent leg to the back of the head.
When the pose of King Nataraja is achieved, you need to spend in it 8 to 16 breaths. Asana is performed on both sides.
Breath, concentration while performing Natarajasana
In a pose the spine is very much unbent. At the same time, the diaphragm is very much limited in movement, so breathing can be a very difficult aspect of performing an asana. To achieve even measured breathing, it is necessary to develop deep back muscles. If the body receives the most support from them, and the superficial muscles are weakly involved, then breathing will be easier.
Inhalation and exhalation are uniform. Abdominal breathing, but gradually master full breathing as well.
It is necessary to concentrate when entering and holding the asana, first of all, on the internal sense of balance. It is a sense of balance that requires the greatest attention in this asana. Then gradually add several concentration points: supporting foot, center of the head, center of the chest, and foot of the raised leg.
A very useful, but difficult pose of King Nataraja promotes the acquisition of not only a physical sense of balance, but also internal balance. Asana symbolizes the dance of Shiva and is dedicated to this creature. Having figured out how to do Natarajasana correctly, one can achieve the development of muscles of almost the entire body and harmonization of consciousness. It is also important to note that all asanas on balance strengthen the immune system and increase self-esteem, internal stability.
Practice yoga daily and the results will delight you constantly!
Back to the section - Yoga Asanas or if you still have questions about the asana, ask from the help section on yoga
- The initial position is Tadasana. Feet tightly on the rug.
- Focus on the right leg.
- Tighten the head of the thigh bone of the right leg into the joint, retract the knees.
- Focus on maintaining balance.
- If the balance is lost at the beginning of the asana, then you need to stop and concentrate. Take the left foot back, bend and raise the leg up.
- Turn the palm of your left hand to the outside, take it back and grab the left foot.
- Stretch the leg with the foot back to the level until the thigh and floor are parallel to each other. Retract the ankle from the outside and pull towards the lower leg.
- Keeping balance, turn the left shoulder to the outside, raise the elbow up.
- Raise the front of the pelvis to the diaphragm, stretching the lower part of the spine, directing the tailbone down.
- Expand the left thigh inwards, align the upper part of the pelvis.
- While maintaining balance in this stance, raise your right hand up, put it on the head and grab the left foot. Lower the shoulders down and turn outward, open the chest. At the same time, stretch the left leg back.
- Keep the pose for about half a minute, and then do it in the opposite direction.
To prepare you can practice:
Asana can be performed if there are diseases of the kidneys, lungs, or a curvature of the posture. For the last paragraph, it can be practiced at any age.
Online Yoga Marathon for all ages
Recommended! Online marathon of health and yoga with free pay. More than 5,000 people have already changed their lives with it. Bonus: checklist of the 10 most healthy health habits.
The pose stretches and opens the thoracic and shoulder sections, makes the hips, groin and abdomen longer, legs stronger, increases blood flow to the pelvic organs, calms the nerves, trains the vestibular apparatus and normalizes hormone balance.
Watch these videos to see how to perform the king of dancers:
Legendary Meditation Course Free
Recommended! The most popular meditation course for beginners in Russian. More than 100 thousand people have already learned to meditate. Try it yourself. More details.
Performing asanas is prohibited when:
- high or low pressure,
- injuries of the spine, hips, legs, knee joints,
- carpal tunnel syndrome,
- exacerbated diseases of the kidneys or lungs.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter.
Asanas will be much more pleasant, more useful and more effective if you have a good inventory:
- yoga mat - for the safe performance of asanas,
- bolsters and rollers - to ensure body comfort during exercise,
- yoga clothes - comfort and aesthetics are also important for regular classes.