The fan has been known in the east since ancient times. The first mention of it appeared in China, but it was also widespread in Japan and India. In Japan, the fan symbolized military power; in India, the sultans were fanning with fans. Later this accessory was brought to Europe, where it became an attribute of the aristocracy. Currently, this thing has become available to everyone, and you can easily make a fan with your own hands.
Such an accessory can be independently made by a child. In order to make it, you need such materials:
- several sheets of colored paper,
- brush (for applying glue),
First, take a sheet of paper of the color you like. Then fold it in accordion. We fasten one of the edges with a stapler. Now the resulting craft can be decorated by cutting and pasting several multi-colored flowers.
Three layer option
This manufacturing method is not more complicated than the previous one. For work you will need:
- 3 sheets of colored paper of different widths (for example, the first sheet is 29 cm wide, the second 23 cm, the third 19 cm),
- glue stick
- hole puncher,
You can choose any color for the fan. The main thing is that they blend harmoniously. Procedure:
- Take the smallest sheet and fold it in half twice. After that, we make holes in it using a hole punch.
- At the edges of a medium-sized sheet we make a fringe.
- We put the sheets together so that the widest is at the bottom, and gently glue them without gluing the fringe.
- The resulting workpiece must be folded with an accordion and tied in the center with a ribbon.
- After that, we fold the workpiece in half and glue the edges together, and crush the fringe a little.
Round on skewers
Such a fan can complement the image of snowflakes on a matinee or decorate another children's costume. And to make a beautiful round fan is very simple. For this you need:
- 3 sheets of A4,
- glue or glue gun,
- 2 flat skewers.
It is best to use thick double-sided colored paper for making a fan, and instead of skewers, you can take ice cream sticks. Work Stages:
- Fold each sheet of paper with an accordion, making bends 1 cm wide.
- Now we take the accordion, fold it in half and glue the edges of the two halves. It should make a little fan. Repeat this action with the rest of the workpieces.
- Gently glue the workpieces together so that an open circle is obtained. There should be two non-glued edges between the workpieces.
- We attach the skewers to the free edges and glue them together. At the bottom of the skewers or sticks, you can make holes for the lace. With it, the fans can be mounted on the wrist for convenience.
- Fold a sheet of paper with an accordion.
- Secure the edge with a stapler.
- Cut flowers and leaves, then glue them, decorating the fan.
A simple paper fan is ready! I recommend to watch this video!
Summer mini fan
You will need: A4 double-sided colored paper, clothespin, glue, stationery elastic, scissors.
- Disassemble the clothespin in two.
- Cut a strip of paper 7 cm wide, then fold it with an accordion.
- Cross the parts of the clothespin and fix with an elastic band.
- Glue the accordion to the edges of the clothespins.
Summer mini fan is ready! I recommend to watch this video!
From newspaper tubes
This fan can be hung on the wall, and it will become an original decoration for the interior. And to make it completely simple. For the manufacture of required:
- old newspapers or magazines
- glue gun
- decorative elements (ribbons, beads, flowers, lace),
- thick cardboard
- scissors or stationery knife,
Before you begin, prepare all the necessary materials. You can use a cardboard box to create the foundation. Operating procedure:
- First, create the foundation. To do this, on a cardboard draw a circle about 10 cm in diameter and fold the sheet in half. After that, we draw where the holes will be in the workpiece, and cut out. The resulting circle is cut in half into two semicircles.
- Now you need to twist the tubes. It will take 31 pieces. We cut the newspaper into strips and wind it onto a knitting needle. The edges of the resulting tubules need to be glued.
- Evenly lay out on one of the parts of the base of the tube and glue them. After that, we fasten together two parts of the base.
- To secure the structure more securely, we braid the tubes with thick threads.
- Now the fan can be decorated with various elements as you wish: stick tapes, artificial flowers or beads.
Japanese origami technique
The origami technique is quite simple, but it requires accuracy and patience. To make your own Japanese fan in this technique, such materials will be needed:
- 12 white sheets of paper,
- red thread of wool,
- stationery glue,
- a simple pencil
To prevent the fan from looking boring, you can find and print a Japanese-style ornament on the sheets. Best of all, if on each of the 7 A4 sheets place two identical patterns of 10x29 cm in size, and on another one print 4 of the same patterns in size of 7x20 cm. Operating procedure:
- We take one of the sheets and fold it in half lengthwise.
- Scissors cut the sheet along the fold line.
- Repeat this action with the remaining six sheets. The result should be 14 main parts with a pattern.
- Now we take a sheet with four ornaments and fold it across.
- We cut the sheet into two parts by bending and repeat this action with each of the resulting parts. 4 rectangular elements with a pattern should come out.
- After that, take four white sheets and add each one up and down.
- Using the resulting lines, we cut the paper into rectangles. We get 16 parts measuring 10x15 cm.
- Take one of the white rectangles and fold across, then fold it in half two more times. We postpone the resulting part and repeat the same with the rest of the rectangles. The result is 16 racks.
- Now we fold the part with a pattern of 7x20 cm in half with a pattern inward.
- We unfold the part and bend one of the sides to the center line. Repeat the procedure on the other hand.
- On the left side, bend the edge one centimeter back. On the right side we do the same.
- We turn the element over with the pattern down and fold the left and right parts alternately with the accordion. We postpone the resulting accordion and in the same way do three more.
- We take the red thread from the wool and cut it into pieces of 10 cm. It will take 16−20 such pieces.
- We make 6 segments of 30 cm and bandage the previous segments in the middle.
- We braid long threads into a pigtail, and fix the resulting pompom from below using a paper ring.
- Now we take the main sheet and attach a little staple to the bottom of it with a stapler. We glue the lateral edge of the main part with the next part, to which you also need to attach a stand. Thus, we continue to assemble the fan.
- At the bottom of the stands we fasten 4 accordions. We fix the bottom of the fan with a paper ring and tie the previously made rope with a pompom.
From plastic forks
A variety of materials are used to make the fan. For example, the original fan can be assembled from ordinary plastic forks. And to do this, you will need such tools and materials:
- 19 disposable forks (you can take more, but always an odd number),
- 1 meter wide lace
- satin ribbons
- openwork tape
- corrugated cardboard,
- old drive
- thermal gun
- white cardboard
- a simple pencil
Materials for the product must be selected so that the colors are harmoniously combined. Work Stages:
- On a white cardboard we circle a disk with a pencil, draw a line in the center of the resulting circle and cut out two semicircles.
- We circle the neck of the glass already on the corrugated cardboard and cut out a circle, after which we cut it in half.
- Glue a small semicircle to a semicircle of white cardboard, gently aligning them along the cut edges.
- We insert the forks into the corrugated paper and fasten them to the large semicircle with glue. The forks should be positioned so that they are in contact with each other at the top.
- The second blank of white cardboard must be glued on top of a semicircle of corrugated paper.
- We take a satin ribbon and fasten to the top of the last fork. Next, we bind the ribbon between the teeth of all forks and glue it on the other side.
- On each of the forks, glue a feather on top, and cover the fastening place with an openwork ribbon.
- Glue the corresponding piece of velvet on the cardboard semicircle from below, and a flower made of ribbons on top.
Fan from childhood
Consider the simplest workshop. How to create a simple paper fan? Many of us did it in childhood. But in fact, this is not such a children's toy. It was in this way that they made it in China.
We take a rectangular sheet of paper. We divide its long side into equal parts, about 1-1.5 cm each. We fold the marked-up sheet with an accordion. At the same time, we make sure that each bend is clear and even.
When the workpiece is completely ready, proceed to the creation of protective rails. They are made of thick cardboard. The length of the rail is equal to the length of the short side of the rectangle from which we make a fan, and the width is the width of the fold. We glue the rails on both sides of the workpiece.
The lower part of the fan is fixed assembled using a strip of paper or tape. So our simple fan is ready. We will decorate it with our own hands in any available technique.
The main thing is that such a fan does not require much time for manufacturing. At the same time, it copes well with its function and is quite compact when not needed.
We model a beam fan
Now let's see how to make a fan of a classic design, which we are used to seeing in the cinema, in pictures, and in everyday life.
It consists of three main elements: frame beams or knitting needles, a rivet fixing them and the canvas itself. As spokes, you can use wooden sticks or slats, plastic blanks. They are connected by a strong rivet, which leaves little room for the slats to move freely.
The fan’s canvas is made of any dense material. For decorative purposes, paper or thin cardboard is more often used. For the intended use, it is better to choose more durable materials: fabric, polyethylene, thin skin.
All parts are assembled among themselves more often on glue, but they can also be sewn on if the needles allow it. When the whole structure is assembled, proceed to its decoration. There is no limit for the flight of fantasy: painting, embroidery, feathers, lace, appliqués. The main thing is not to weight this air accessory.
We all know that there is a special type of fan - Japanese. They are not only very beautiful, but also have their own design feature.
In the Japanese tradition, it is customary to create fans from a large number of knitting needles. In this case, the shape remains the same - a semicircle. From this it turns out that the spokes go very close to each other, which creates an interesting decorative effect. Although, most likely, this design feature was introduced in connection with the use of this accessory as a weapon, where strength plays an important role.
The second distinguishing feature is high artistic value. Making a fan with his own hands, the master puts his whole soul into it. This is clearly expressed in the picturesque paintings of traditional themes that adorn Japanese fans. Here we meet the famous dragons, and the beloved cranes, and sakura flowers.
Today, Japanese fans are real works of art that are used as interior details.
If you want to know how to make a fan out of ordinary plastic forks, we offer you an interesting way. For work you will need disposable forks, cardboard, glue, decorative elements.
We cut out a semicircle from the cardboard and glue the dense next to the fork to it. We make sure that they form uniform rays, and all the heads lay with teeth up. When the glue sets, we cover the workpiece with the same semicircle of cardboard and wait until the whole structure is completely glued together.
Now you can start decorating. Since the forks are a heterogeneous object, you can’t attach a classic canvas to them, but you can decorate them with lace, ribbons and bows. The main thing is that they are not afraid to show imagination, so that this master class gives you a truly unique decoration for a variety of purposes.
Blanks for decoration
If for you the main thing is not to create a complete fan from scratch, but only to decorate it, then many shops are at your service. They offer blanks that require additional decoration.
Such fans are made of wood or plastic and are covered with thick paper. This allows you to produce on the blanks various murals, delicate applications, decoupage with napkins.
These blanks come in handy if you need knitting needles, but nowhere to get them. Just buy a similar fan and change its canvas to the one you need. This is also a great way to make a fan yourself.
When starting manual work, one must always remember that no one knows the original plan except you. Therefore, there is no reason to be upset if something does not work out. Let everyone think that this is your creative decision, not a small oversight or failure!
A fabric fan can be used as a props for performances or as an unusual accessory. To make a do-it-yourself fan out of fabric, such materials will be required:
- 23 wooden sticks with holes at the bottom,
- glue gun
- blue paper or braid
- blue and pink floss threads
- blue cloth
Wooden sticks for crafts can be taken from the old fan, and the fabric does not fit too thick.
If there are no old sticks, then they can be cut from plywood.
The size of the part is 40x1 cm. The parts must be stacked and a hole for the thread should be made at a distance of 1 cm from the edge. Production Order:
- We take wooden sticks, stack them in a pile and thread a pink thread through the hole. After that, we wrap them several times from the bottom with a thread in a circle so that they hold better.
- We unfold the sticks in a fan so that they are at the same distance from each other and apply to the paper. Circle them with a pencil.
- In the resulting semicircle, draw a small semicircle with a radius of 10 cm and cut it out.
- Using the template, we cut out the part from the fabric.
- We apply the fabric to the expanded sticks and glue its edge to the lowest strip in the fan. After this, the fabric part must be glued to the rest of the sticks from below, and to the last strip - completely.
- On top of the sticks to the fabric you need to sew on a blue thread. A blue braid can be sewn onto the edges of the fabric to hide uneven sections.
- After the glue dries, the fan can be folded.
China can be called the birthplace of a fan. There he appeared back in ancient times and was made from various materials: lotus, reed, feathers. A little later, thanks to the Japanese, folding fans appeared in China. It is such a fan that you can try to make yourself. DFor this you will need:
- From plywood we cut 13 parts under number 1 in diagram A and two parts under number 2. The dimensions of the parts are shown in the figure.
- We put the parts together, and the wider ones we place at the edges.
- At a distance of 2.8 cm from the bottom of the planks, make a hole in them and insert a bolt.
- Based on the shape and dimensions in scheme B, we cut out the desired part from the fabric.
- We open the planks in a semicircle so that they are at the same distance.
- We completely glue the left strip with a cloth. All other parts are glued to the fabric with only the bottom side.
A vale is a type of fabric fan that is used in dance. To make a fan vale with your own hands, you will need such materials:
- folding fabric fan
- thermal gun
- silk fabric.
Before you start creating a vale, you need to measure the desired length of fabric. It can be from 50 cm to 2 meters. And the width of the fabric should match the width of the existing fan.
Glue should be applied to the hard parts of the substrate. Next, you should fix the piece of fabric on the table and begin to glue the edges of the base in turn. Do not stretch the fabric too much. It should fold freely, otherwise it will tear quickly.
The finished product must be left for a day to dry the glue. After this, you need to get rid of that part of the base on which the glue was not applied. To do this, gently cut the unnecessary fabric between the ribs between the ribs.
There are quite a few ways to make a fan at home: from the simplest, which even a child can easily cope with, to more complex ones that require certain skills. You only need to choose the right one and get to work.