Perfect manicure is the key to the beauty of your pens. Some girls prefer not to experiment with nail polish themselves, but turn to an experienced master, but many fashionistas are not afraid of difficulties and do manicures on their own. There is nothing complicated in properly applying gel polish to your nails. To do this, you will need base, topcoat and color coatings and a lamp for drying gel polish. And our recommendations will help you smoothly and beautifully make manicure gel varnish at home.
Perfect do-it-yourself manicure
Quality manicure begins with well-groomed nails. Before you gradually paint the nails with the lamp, they must be carefully processed: remove the cuticle, give the nail plate the desired shape and, if necessary, sanded with a special buff. Polishing will eliminate the unevenness of the surface of the nail, so that the coating will lie smoothly and evenly and last longer.
The second secret of a successful manicure is to choose the right cover. Today, in stores gel varnishes for every taste and budget are presented, so the choice should be approached carefully. A good gel polish should be of medium density and drip from the brush with a uniform viscous stream. Too liquid varnish creates stains, and too thick lays with tubercles.
When buying, it is better to give preference to gel varnishes of trusted manufacturers specializing in products for professional nail design: CND, Gelish Harmony, Kodi Professional, O.P.I. These gel varnishes are of high quality: they fit perfectly, worn for a long time and do not spoil the nails. Their only minus is the cost. So, shellac CND or gel polish Gelish or O.P.I. will cost you about 1000 rubles. Kodi gel polishes are a little cheaper - a small bottle of this varnish costs, on average, 600 rubles.
Chinese and Russian gel polishes are inferior to European and overseas counterparts in quality, but, due to their affordable price, are also in demand. Among gel polishes of the middle price segment, one can single out the goods of Bluesky, Cristina, RuNail, Lianail. They are less convenient to use, but with skillful use they look and wear no worse than gel varnishes of professional brands.
When choosing a gel polish, pay attention to the brush: it should be elastic, with even hairs of the same length. As for the width of the brush, this is a matter of individual preferences: it is more convenient for someone to use a brush that paints the nail in two strokes, and someone chooses a thin brush that can be used to gently paint delicate areas around the cuticle and side rollers.
Do not forget about auxiliary coatings - base and top.
Manicure gel polish is done in stages:
- base coverage
- one or two layers of colored varnish,
Having acquired a high-quality base and top, you can adjust the surface of the nail and the uniformity of the color coating. Some gel polishes have the ability to self-level, so if your nails have a relief, the base layer will allow you to align the plate, preparing it for applying colored varnish.
Gel Polish Techniques
Each professional manicurist develops a technique that allows him to smoothly and beautifully paint gel polish on clients' nails. Consider the most popular of these techniques. Following the advice of professionals, you can paint your nails at home no worse than in a beauty salon.
Essential Tools for Manicure
Repeat nail shape
This is a simple and convenient way that you can gently paint your nails and not get your fingers dirty:
- Set the brush as close to the cuticle as possible and with two even strokes fill the sides of the nail with color, repeating their contour. Then paint over the central part and dry the gel polish in the lamp.
- Paint your nails with another layer and dry.
- Apply the topcoat.
This technique allows you to paint your nails quickly and accurately.
How to gently apply nails
Using a thin brush
This technique is preferred by those for whom jewelry nail painting in the most inaccessible areas is important.
- Apply a drop of gel polish to the palette (any smooth surface can be used).
- With a thin brush, draw a little varnish.
- Carefully paint over the area around the cuticle and side rollers.
- Paint over the remaining surface of the nail with a regular brush, dry under the lamp.
- Apply another layer of colored varnish and topcoat in stages, drying each layer under the lamp.
Using a thin brush for manicure
This is a difficult way to apply gel polish, requiring skill.
- Carefully process the nails.
- With the orange stick or pusher, push and lift the cuticle as much as possible.
- With a thin brush, paint over the freed space and paint over the rest of the nail.
The method of applying varnish under the cuticle will extend the freshness of the manicure, since when the nail grows out, the border between the coating and the natural surface will become noticeable later.
There are a number of other tricks with which you can most accurately paint your nails with gel polish. Among them - the use of manicure or masking tape. Prepare thin strips of adhesive tape in advance, stick them on your fingers as close to the nails (in the photo) and apply the coating. When the varnish dries, remove the tape.
You can use ordinary PVA glue. Before applying the varnish, take the glue and smear it with the area around the nail. After the glue dries, paint your nails and remove the glue film.
With the help of these simple techniques you can paint your nails correctly and beautifully, and your manicure will not yield to a salon. And to get a visual representation of the intricacies of applying gel polish, watch this interesting instructional video.
Secrets of a beautiful manicure
Cases when visiting a salon is simply impossible to squeeze into a schedule are not so rare. But at the same time, I really want the pens to be spectacular and with beautiful nails. Just gently filed, they do not make such an impression, and everything around is flaunted with bright and original drawings on the nails. It’s not so difficult to transform your own in this way, the main thing is calmness, patience, and knowledge of small tricks, of course.
The first step towards a well-groomed and beautiful manicure is the proper preparation of the nails: a good shape and a qualitatively removed keratinized cuticle. To improve the “adhesion” of the varnish and the nail plate, the latter needs to be slightly polished with an ordinary buff or a special file for grinding, and then degreased with acetone-free liquid to remove the varnish.
A significant role for the perfect manicure is played by properly selected varnish. Remember, only with a high-quality product you can paint your nails so as not to touch the cuticle. Recognizing it is quite simple: a good brush that takes the shape of a nail when pressed, a viscous consistency that allows you to apply an even layer. On spreading varnishes - a taboo!
And of course, the application process itself. In addition to the varnish itself, it is advisable to acquire a base and top coat. The first will facilitate application, and the second will consolidate the effect and allow the manicure to remain in excellent condition for a sufficiently long time. That is, in the end we get four layers: base, 2 color layers and fixative. Here is a simple formula for perfectly made up nails.
If earlier only nail art masters owned the secret of correct application, now it is of course impossible to keep it secret. As it turned out, everything is not at all complicated, but most of us did it in a completely different way. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- The first step, as we said earlier, is to prepare the nail and apply the base coat. You can proceed to the next stage only after it has completely dried.
- We take the varnish, and slightly squeeze the brush on the neck of the bottle. We will paint the side on which the coating remains.
- Visually divide the nail into two parts with a vertical line. Stepping back from the bottom edge a couple of millimeters put a point on it.
- By pressing on the brush, as if pushing the varnish to the edge of the lunula. With a good brush, problems should not arise, since it straightens evenly. As you understand, it is from this stage that it depends on how exactly we apply the nails near the cuticle, because now you need to focus as much as possible.
- Having performed such a delicate work, we paint over the nail along the entire length, adhering to the same line.
- To make up the side lines, we return to the starting point and smoothly move the brush along the side holes, after pulling them back.
- Having covered the entire surface in this way, we wait for complete drying, after which we apply a second layer.
- The last stage is top coating.
New technologies or how to apply gel polish under the cuticle
This type of coating is gaining popularity because it helps to maintain the perfect look of the nails for as long as possible. However, many young ladies are not satisfied with the fact that after applying the gel between the skin and the varnish there remains a small transparent gap. Agree, it seems that the nail has already grown, and the manicure itself is not the first freshness.
Because masters of nail art has developed a new technique that allows you to "fill" the coating literally under the cuticle. There are many disputes about the appropriateness and hygiene of such a procedure, but the unsurpassed effect makes it resort to it more and more often. So, we paint gel varnish under the cuticle, the application technique is as follows:
- Make a high-quality trimmed or hardware manicure, while raising the edge of the cuticle slightly up with a conical cutter.
- Apply the base indented from the cuticle and side holes by a couple of millimeters.
- Fill the colored coating over the entire area of the nail, while additionally lifting the skin on the sides and the cuticle itself.
- Then duplicate the color layer and apply the top coat. Recall that each layer must be dried under the lamp.
- In order for the cuticle to return to its place as quickly as possible, you need to lubricate it with caring oil at the end.
There is also a technique that allows you to make up “butt”, that is, as close to the cuticle as possible. With it, an ordinary thin brush is used, with which the “delicate” zone is pre-stained. After drying this area, the nail is completely varnished.
Ways to protect the cuticle from varnish
Looking through a huge number of training videos, you probably noticed that girls use various means that allow you not to worry about the accuracy of future manicure. This is especially true for new techniques, for example, ombre, where almost half of the finger is dirty. So what are these magical ways and how do they smear the cuticle when they paint their nails? In fact, there are several ways, both improvised and professional.
Several options can be called homemade: petroleum jelly, oily cream and PVA glue. All of them are applied to the area that needs to be protected and can be easily removed with a regular cotton swab or sponge. Precautions are as follows: in no case should the chosen product get on the nail plate, since it will make painting impossible, if you decide to use the cream for this purpose, then try to choose the most greasy, it is best to use the so-called “winter” series aimed at protecting from frost and bad weather.
Among professional tools, the most popular now is skin defender, due to which the question of how to carefully apply nails on the cuticle becomes completely irrelevant. You just apply the composition to the skin, wait for it to dry and start painting, then easily remove the film and that's it. Your fingers will delight you with a neat manicure!
Nail surface preparation
The very first step is to remove the old varnish, for which you will need a cotton pad or roller and a means for removing varnish. To maintain health for your nails, you should choose an acetone-free remedy. It will cost more, but in no way affect the nail plate.
Before you carefully paint your nails with varnish, it is advisable to make a hygienic manicure. This can be a trim, not trim or hardware procedure. During this manicure, you need to remove or move the cuticle, as well as align the nail plate as best as possible. This is done by grinding with a special nail file. Also at this stage, the nails are given the desired shape and length. Now we remove the dust from the nails and wipe them thoroughly.
If the nails are even a little wet, there is a risk of peeling off the varnish. For the same reason, it is advisable not to contact with water at least a couple of hours before the procedure. Additionally, the plates can be treated with a degreaser.
The process of applying varnish
Decoration begins with a basic transparent coating, which further aligns the plate. Firming agents are well suited as such a base, as they not only protect, but also treat nails. In addition, the base varnish prevents yellowing of the nail plate and does not allow dark and saturated varnishes to seep into the nail. The last moment is very important, because it is quite difficult to completely remove the old varnish of dark shades.
After that, the direct application of colored varnish begins:
- Lightly heat the bottle with the selected varnish, for which we roll it between the palms. In no case should you shake it, because the resulting air bubbles will affect the appearance of the coating.
- With a brush, we collect the varnish in the amount necessary to cover exactly one nail. If there will be a lot of funds, it will be more difficult to evenly distribute it on the surface, and it will dry longer.
- Now we begin to cover the nails, starting with the little finger. To do this, put a drop approximately in the center of the nail, a little closer to the cuticle, and stretch it with a brush. Then we move the brush from the center to the free edge, after which we paint over the side parts. If desired, we can first move to the edge of the nail, and only then to the cuticle. In the end, be sure to seal the free edge with a gentle brush movement and let the nails dry.
- To get a richer color and avoid pale streaks, you need to apply a second coat of varnish.
- To completely dry the nails, you can use a hairdryer at low speed or an ultraviolet lamp. However, the best way is to dry naturally, which retains all the shine. When all decorating is done, it remains to cover the nails with a fixative. He will also need time to dry, although you can use a special spray that speeds up this process. Such a spray can be slightly oily, thereby it will help moisturize and soften the cuticle.
Tricks of a neat manicure
It’s not enough to know how to carefully paint your nails yourself, there are tricks here:
- for coating nails, it is desirable to use high-quality varnishes having a common structure,
- it’s not necessary to buy expensive degreasers - ordinary alcohol is also suitable,
- to check whether the coating has dried, you can lightly tap each other with your nails or lightly touch their lips,
- in between use, varnishes should be stored in cool dark places,
- do not proceed to the next nail without dipping the brush again in the varnish,
- if the result does not suit you, you should delete it immediately and repeat the procedure,
- so that the varnish lasts as long as possible, do not wet your hands for several hours after application.
Adhesive tape or tape
So that the varnish does not get on the skin, the girl can even before drawing draw on the skin a regular stationery tape or electrical tape. After all the necessary procedures have been carried out, the adhesive tape and smears of varnish on it are removed from the fingers. There is a small minus in this method - it will be difficult to protect the cuticle, and therefore you can not do without trimmed manicure.
So that the varnish does not linger on the skin, you can pre-coat it with oily hand cream or even petroleum jelly. At the end of the whole process, the fingers will be cleaned with cotton pads. Use such funds carefully, trying not to get on the nail itself. Otherwise, there is a risk of rapid peeling of the coating or chips.
PVA glue application
Office glue works on the same principle as adhesive tape. To protect the skin of the fingers, it is necessary to cover it with glue and wait until it dries, turning into a transparent film. It can also be easily removed after the nails have dried.
The use of corrector and special fluids
This method practically does not differ from those considered above. The whole difference is that the funds used will be much more expensive. Special fluids are also applied before drawing on the nails, turning into a film. It can subsequently be removed by grasping the free edge with tweezers.
Correctors can be applied before staining, but there are also those that will remove the varnish that has smeared the skin or cuticle. They have interchangeable rods and are filled with nail polish remover.
You can familiarize yourself with some correctors in the table.
|Stylo Correcteur||После нанесения|
|Nail Polish Removal Pen||После нанесения|
|RIO Profi (лента)||До нанесения|
Покрытие лаком ногтей на правой руке
Наверное, каждая девушка сталкивается с проблемой окрашивания рабочей руки, т.е. правой в случае с правшами. Мазки получаются неаккуратными и часто лаком покрываются сами пальцы. However, it is not necessary to seek help at all. You just need to learn some secrets of how to carefully paint nails on the right hand.
First of all, you should learn to hold your hands properly while applying varnish. The non-working arm should be relaxed and lie on the side of the little finger. The little finger itself must be straightened, and the ring finger - squeeze under the rest. Next, the brush is pressed with the thumb to the index. The position of the hand will allow it to be more stable.
Now we will reveal some tricks of applying varnish with a non-working hand:
- the brush should have a little less varnish than is required for one nail, it should not drip,
- you can try not to move your hand with a brush, but to control it with the finger on which the varnish is applied,
- in order not to attract the attention of others to sloppy manicure, it is better to use lighter polishes
- if the painting hand often touches the other, it is worth working on each nail individually, allowing it to dry completely.
And most importantly - do not give up on your skills. The more training, the better the process of applying varnish with your left hand will happen in the future.
Now we will figure out how to carefully paint the toenails. We will not talk again about the need for a trimmed pedicure and complete degreasing of the nail plates. Immediately indicate the most important points for those who do not know how to carefully paint their toenails on their own:
- Before starting the procedure, you should take the most comfortable position,
- hands at the time of painting should not hang in the air,
- the fingers should be worn with dividers to prevent them from touching,
- all movements should be smooth
- do not paint your toenails if you soon need to run somewhere and even more so go to bed.
Neat manicure with a few varnishes
If a girl wants to create a pattern on her nails using two or more colors, she needs to be even more careful. Now an additional problem arises - one color should not go on another. There are two ways to resolve this issue:
- The use of stencils and stickers that will cover a specific part of the nail or become part of the design.
- The choice of nail design is a gradient, in which it is not at all necessary to observe clear boundaries between different colors.